My Exodus

When I graduated High School, I weighed 250 lbs.  I started on a diet rollercoaster that let me fluctuate between 205 and 250.  Seven  and a half years ago, I discovered a secret to losing weight!  If I stopped following my stomach and desire for food, and followed Jesus and transferred my desire to Him, I lost weight.  Not just a little bit, but over 100 lbs. 

Then two years later, I was the thinnest I'd ever been and looked forward to reaching the single digits in clothing size for the first time in my life, post puberty.  I was at the Jordan River, looking at my promised land!  And just like the Isrealites, I counted the cost and was afraid to cross.  I remember vividly the exact day this happened. Now I've wondered in the wilderness for six years.

What was I afraid of?  I was afraid of not living a "normal" life.  I thought that maybe following Jesus was just too hard, that He asked too much of me.  I didn't want to be committed to Him any more.  So He gave me what I wanted.

Over and over again, I tried to resume our relationship, but I just couldn't find the intimacy that we once had.  The pounds packed back on no matter how much exercise or dieting I attempted.  I gained back 85 of the 105 that I originally lost.  Praise God that I still sat at 15 lbs less than the highest I'd been.

Now for the past month, Jesus has told me that it's time.  I know that I can't loose this weight on my own.  I know now that I don't even want to do it for myself anymore.  I've lost 11 lbs, and I'm finding my center once more in Jesus.

If you are tired of living as a "Fat Christian" than this blog is for you.  Join me as we encourage each other to press on in Faith!  I'll be updating daily as I review my journal entries from 7 years ago, and sharing scriptures that God shares with me today!  I hope you'll consider taking this journey with me.

No comments :

Post a Comment