Sparrows

Why are thou cast down, O my soul, and why are thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God. Psalm 42:5

Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will.  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.  (Matthew 10:29-31 NKJV)
Jesus said this in the NEW Testament.  He assured us of many things that we have to pay attention to in this snippet of His teachings.
 First, Jesus called God YOUR Father.  This means that God is MY Father, not just Jesus’ Father, but mine, too.  If God is my Father, than He would care about the intimate details of my daily life, just like my earthly father did.
Second, notice that your hairs are numbered.  I don’t know about you, but every day I shed hairs. This would mean that God cares enough to know how many hairs are on my head today, because the number is different than yesterday!
Third, He tells me not to fear.  This means that Jesus wants us to understand that worry is fear.  It is fear that God doesn’t care, and that we are responsible for our own lives.  If we are not to worry or fear, than Jesus is telling us that God does care, and that we are not responsible for our lives, but are to take the responsibilities to God.
Jesus is expressing that God is not some distant, far-away, absentee father.  No, He is present, He cares, and He doesn’t want us to worry.

No comments :

Post a Comment