Right Motives

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9 NIV)

Too many people do biblical things because they want a result.  They do things just to get what they want.  Although there is a reward for obeying God and we reap what we sow, we need to do things because we love God and He asked us too.  So that when we are not getting the result that we want when we want it – we will keep doing what is right and good, because our motive is pure. 

God is interested in “Why” we are doing things, it is important to Him.  So getting something for me is not a right motive.  God will take care of me as long as I keep doing what I’m supposed to do.

God is telling me to renew my focus in this blog.  I need to be focused more upon Him and less upon my own needs.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33 NIV)

By seeking God first – doing what I know is right and strengthening my relationship with Him, then everything I “want” will fall into place.  Usually this happens when the “importance” of what I want dissipates.  When this no longer becomes important to me, that is usually when I receive it. 

God doesn’t want me to have faith in Him, because He can heal me.  He doesn’t want me to love Him because He can save me.  He wants me to love and have faith because He loves me.  What I need to do is no longer care about anything else.

Oh Lord that you would help me to keep my eyes focused on You!  Teach me to love You and keep Your commands, for no other reason.

This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. (1 John 5:2 NIV)

No comments :

Post a Comment