Eyes Right

EYES RIGHT
Let each of you look out not only for his own interests but also for the interests of others. (Philippians 2:4 NKJV)
My prayer walk has been along the same path for the past couple weeks.  It starts with a lap around my church and ends circling a patch of woods with a semi-busy road to the side.  I like walking in a counter clockwise direction around these things. 
Today I found myself searching through nature for some sort of word from God that would show me that He walked with me.  My neck actually started to cramp a little bit because my head was turned constantly to the left, inside the circle that I was making.
Then suddenly it occurred to me that I was too busy looking out for my own self interest.  I was too busy trying to find a word of knowledge for myself that I was forgetting to look at the people who were driving on the road to my right.  I neglected my prayer and intercession time.
But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. (Hebrews 13:16 NKJV)
The first time I came and committed my walk to God, He nursed me like a baby and gave me so much help.  He told me today that this time, He expects me to help others.  He will not allow a self-focused relationship with Him.  Every blessing He gives: He expects me to give away and not keep for myself.
So as I turned my eyes to the right and breathed a heavy sigh, I asked for forgiveness and began my intercession.

No comments :

Post a Comment