Where does my help come from?

photo by Kate Pedley
This week I have been struggling with depression.  I’ve been really down on myself and every little thing is setting me off on an emotional rollercoaster.  I’ve been finding that I cry at the littlest things.  Usually I consider myself to be fairly tough skinned, but this week, I feel like my skin is made of paper.

Because I thought I was fine in this area, Satan has decided to prove me wrong.  Satan has been having a field day giving me a battle with the spirit of depression.  I don’t much feel like doing anything except clinging to God who is the only one who loves me unconditionally.

I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let (my) foot slip – He who watches over (me) will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over (me) will not slumber nor sleep. 

The Lord watches over (me) – the Lord is (my) shade at (my) right hand; the sun will not harm (me) by day nor the moon by night.  The Lord will keep (me) from all harm – He will watch over my life; the Lord will watch over (my) coming and going both now and forevermore. (Psalm 121 NIV)

Remember when I said that depression is a ME focus?  It is only when I lift my eyes up to God that I can recover where my focus should be.  I need to remember again that this battle is not mine.  I cannot deliver myself from the enemy – he is too strong for me.  But he is not too strong for my Lord.  Oh Lord how I praise you and thank you that you don’t forget me and know what I am going through.  Thank you.

No comments :

Post a Comment