His Strength & My Weakness


Today is WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY: START 266  LAST WEEK 256  TODAY 254
I stepped on the scale today fully expecting to have gained weight, but instead I’d lost 2 lbs.  This week has not been the most obedient week but I lost 2 lbs.  The three weeks before this, where I’d been trying harder, I lost one pound over the 3 weeks!  How on earth did this happen, and why?
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”  Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
If I went into this blog and was a soaring success the whole time, based upon my stellar self control – then you might think that I lost weight based upon my own power, and not by the grace of God.  Instead you are seeing my weakness.  I am displaying it openly to you even though my personal demon wants me to hide it.  I lay it bare for all of you to see that I am weak, and cannot do this on my own.
God chooses on purpose people who cannot do what He asks them to do.  He does this so that there is no question as to Who has accomplished this task.  Again I say that He specializes in making people the opposite of what they used to be.  In God, a coward becomes a general, a persecutor becomes an encourager, and a man with a stutter becomes the most prolific speaker for God ever. 
As for myself, brethren, when I came to you, I did not come proclaiming to you the testimony and evidence or mystery and secret of God concerning that He has done through Christ for the salvation of men in lofty words of eloquence or human philosophy and wisdom; For I resolved to know nothing, to be acquainted with nothing, to make a display of the knowledge of nothing and to be conscious of nothing among you except Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and Him crucified. 
And I was passed into a state of weakness and fear (dread) and great trembling after I had come among you.  And my language and my message were not set forth in persuasive (enticing and plausible) words of wisdom, but they were in demonstration of the Holy Spirit and power a proof by the spirit and power of God, operating on me and stirring the minds of my hearers the most holy emotions and thus persuading them, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:1-5)
I did not come to you using human philosophy and wisdom – saying that I know how to lose weight and have secret knowledge of diets and exercise.  In fact, I purposely resolved that I would not diet nor would I exercise at all, so that by faith and prayer alone would I restrict my overeating habits.  But when I started this with you, reader, I feared failure and showed little results.  But instead of lying or only showing you the best of my self - you saw my stagnation and my failures.  Through all of this, God is using me to show you that though I am weak but He is strong.
So this week I didn’t deserve to lose weight, but I did.  I didn’t deserve God’s salvation either, but He gave me Jesus anyway.  There are so many things that I don’t deserve in my life that God grants me through His grace.  I thank Him for them and remember that He loves me.

No comments :

Post a Comment