Infectious Unholiness

TODAY IS WEIGH IN WED:  START: 266 LBS  LAST WEEK: 256  TODAY 256
I had a dental check up this morning.  As I was sitting in the dentist chair, my gums hurt worse through the scraping than they ever had before.  Until I sat in the chair, I hardly realized that my flossing habits have slacked a lot between this dental check up and the last one. 

This go round, instead of flossing everyday, I was lucky if I flossed once/week.  Why had I let those good habits subside?  I have had a very depressed six months.  In March, I had a miscarriage.  I’m 36 years old, and I felt as though it was my last opportunity to have a child, and it might be.  I carried him for four months, and then lost him.  I had done everything right, but still lost my son.

So, the good habit of flossing had gone down the tubes and out the door.  Every good habit that we have takes practice.  We have to choose to be good, choose to be righteous, but the bad habits cling to us and are infectious.  The world is in a state of decay and unless we battle against it with good choices, like flossing, we will fall into decay as well.

“If one carries holy meat in the fold of his garment, and with the edge he touches bread or stew, wine or oil, or any food, will it become holy?”

Then the priests answered and said, “No.”

And Haggai said, “if one who is unclean because of a dead body touches any of these, will it be unclean?”

So the priests answered and said “It shall be unclean.”(Haggai 2:12-13)

The Amplified version says specifically: “Holiness is not infectious; Unholiness is infectious.”

So my point is that because holiness is not infectious, it is a choice that needs to be made.  If we are lazy or sit back and wait for holiness to grip us, than we instead will fall pray to the reaping of sin. 

I thank God that my cleaning today went well, and I have no damage from my lack of flossing.  I will do better from here forward.  Additionally, this week I had been obedient sometimes but not all the time, instead I was willfully lazy.  I thank God again that instead of punishing me with weight gain, He allowed me to learn a lesson and I will do better from here out. 

I will not let unholiness infect me through my laziness, instead I will choose holiness.

No comments :

Post a Comment