Miracles


Yesterday my dog was kicked by a horse, and presently one of his legs is paralyzed (that's a pic of him).  I have a friend who has a knee injury that’s been bugging her for a long time.  And one of the pastors at my church fell off a ladder three weeks ago and is still suffering through rehab. 
As I have been praying for healing for all of these, it’s gotten me beyond the route prayers that you kind of just say without really thinking about it.  And instead I’ve been thinking about the miraculous process of healing.
Jeremiah 32:17 – Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm.  There is nothing too hard for You.
The process of creation must be more difficult than the process of healing.  In creation, God makes something from nothing.  Whereas with healing, God takes the things that have already been created and changes them miraculously through the rebuild process.
Job 10:11 – You have clothed me with skin and flesh and have knit me together with bones and sinews.
God takes those parts that we are made of and “sews” them together.  He restores.  He heals. He makes all things new again.  All miracles come from God.
In this world, everything is in a state of atrophy.  Since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, death and decay have entered the world.  In my opinion, a miracle is anything that is the opposite of decay – the opposite of atrophy.  When things that should be falling apart start coming together – that is a miracle from God.
So all healing is miraculous.  God’s handiwork is evident in the birth and growth of a child.  When we pray for God’s healing each and every time, it’s a miracle we ask for.  So today I am asking for miraculous things.  But nothing is impossible for my God.

No comments :

Post a Comment