What is #God? - Sunday #Devotional for #tworship

(c) Sorinus - dreamstime.com
God said to Moses, “I am who I am.This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” (Exodus 3:14 NIV)

When God says "I am" what does He mean? What is in that name? Do I believe Him?

Everything that God is - is wrapped up in that simple name. I was meditating on this and heard this song:
I am ... Enough

Do I believe Him? Sometimes I struggle with this. If He is enough for me, why do I still search for other things to satisfy first? Is He really my satisfaction? Why is the pull of this world so strong? Why is it that I still want to do what I know I shouldn't FIRST, before I realize I'm heading the wrong way again?

But I do know. I know that He is enough.

Those other things that pull me to them rob me of my joy, my peace and my comfort. Often these things offer a short term pleasure, but long lasting misery (like drugs, alcohol, overeating.) If I could stop being so short-sighted and improve my long-range vision, maybe I could overcome this pull and head for my true source of joy, peace, and comfort.

I am ... the Father

A father is supposed to be the provider, the comforter, the protector. In today's society the role of father has been so distorted, that for many "father" had become the opposite of what he was supposed to be. So it's hard to TRUST God, who calls Himself "Father" if we have had a father who was not a provider, or source of comfort, or protector. If we've never experienced what a father should be, how can we trust God to be what He says He is?

I am ... Jesus


“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:59 NIV)


If you ever read this passage of the Bible and didn't understand the significance of WHY they wanted to stone Jesus after He said this, you must see the video clip above - the dramatization of this chapter of John is unforgettable.

So do I trust Jesus when He says "I am" - this is what the foundation of all Christianity is. 

Do I trust that He is who He says He is - and will do what He says He will do.

Because if I do - it changes everything.

Do you trust Him?

No comments :

Post a Comment