Sunday Devotional - Unfinished Business with God

The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was.  
Then the Lord called Samuel. 
Samuel answered, “Here I am.” (1 Sam 3:3-4 NIV)

There are times when the Lord calls me, and I'm busy. Like Samuel in the passage above. He was laying down and going to bed...after a hard day's work. His pillow was likely calling his name. But when the Lord called him, Samuel jumped up and said, "Here I am."

As Christians, we have to remember that God doesn't work according to our timing. He has His own. If we try to take the timing out of his hands and into our own, this is sin. It is not wasteful to leave a task unfinished. 

If I'm in the middle of doing the dishes, and God calls, I need to leave the dishes and answer. If I'm in the middle of eating, and God calls, I need to put down my fork and answer.

What we think is left unfinished might be exactly where God wants us to be. Sometimes people die leaving work in a state that seems unfinished, but is right where God wanted it to Be. We never see the full picture in this life, but we need to trust in His call, His word, and His timing.

What is God calling you to leave incomplete today?

No comments :

Post a Comment