God doesn't do what I say

Photo: © Jsternig | Dreamstime Stock Photos &Stock Free Images
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG)

God has never done things the way I want Him to. He doesn't come when I snap my fingers. He doesn't let me have candy for breakfast, and He doesn't let me skip brushing my teeth before going to bed. Does this make Him a bad parent? Quite the opposite. He doesn't want spoiled, lazy disrespectful, self-destructive children. He wants the best for us, so we can be at our best.

If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him! Luke 11:14 (NIV)

So we cannot blame him for the repercussions of our sin, our gluttony - nor can we expect Him to take our pain or our weight away from us without having to work for it.

But He will help us work toward our goals by giving us the means of escape when temptation comes. The strength to defeat our enemy when he comes to tell us we'll never make it and may as well give up.

Do not listen to the liar, no matter how loud he shouts. Instead focus on the still small voice. 

He loves you anyway. 

He will never leave you or forsake you. 

You can do this.

No comments :

Post a Comment