Guest #Devotional #Blog - Nona King

The Daily Challenge





One of the greatest challenges for me as a Christian is to overcome the Enemy’s daily reminder of my past failures. From relationships to story lines, if there is an aspect that did not fall in line with my idea of a Christian theme, it is used against me.

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." ~II Corinthians 5:17

Wait. What? Because I’m a believer, I’m a new creature? But, what about that questionable bit of story line I was tempted to write all of last week? I’m not a new creature anymore. I’m as wicked as I ever was.

But it doesn't work that way.

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.” ~Lamentations 3:22, 23; NKJV

Each day is a new beginning. Each morning we are a new creature in Christ. He allows us these precious moments to begin anew. To grow in our faith and in our witness for others, so we can attest to His great mercies. His patience. His unending devotion to us, His children. In that promise there is hope, each new day, for me to once again craft my heart to fulfill His desire for my future.

I feel certain that future is bright.

Connect with the Author:
www.NonaKing.com – Fiction .|. www.WordObsession.net – Blog
~*~
is currently on sale for 99c Kindle Edition.

searching for sara

No comments :

Post a Comment